Art Clay Silver 950 Clay Type 25gm (AA0296)
Fired Art Clay Silver 950 has a higher surface strength and bending strength compared to the current Art Clay Silver Clay type (999). Because of its high strength, it allows for more design option and durability especially for works that are thinner, narrower, open ended, delicate, etc. The finished silver surface is more resistant to scratches. This makes it a more suitable product for professional artists who gift or sell their works. It is approximately 60% stronger than regular Art Clay Silver.
1. Put your piece in a room temperature kiln, and set the kiln temperature at 500 Deg.C (932F)
2. Ramp up until 500 Deg. C (932F) and hold for 30 mins.
3. Set the kiln temp at 870 Deg. C (1598F), and hold it at 870 Deg.C for 60 mins.
4. Turn off the kiln and wait until the kiln temperature drops to 200 Deg.C (392F)
5. Take the piece out and wait until the piece cools down completely or leave it until the kiln temperature drops to room temperature.