Quick-Curing 2-Part Silicone Moulding Putty 100gms + 100gms (Blue Mix) AF0117
Supplied in the package: 100g part A (blue) base and 100g part B (white) catalyst, 2 polystyrene spoons, 2 polyethylene gloves.
Contains: silicon dioxide, polyvinylsiloxane, catalyst.
NB: avoid using butyl rubber items (e.g., dishwashing, latex and some work gloves) with this product which will inhibit curing. We recommend using the supplied polystyrene spoons and polyethylene gloves. Nitrile and vinyl gloves are also suitable.
General Specifications (at room temperature):
- Kneading time: 45s
- Curing start time: about 1m 45s (1 minute after kneading)
- Curing duration: about 30 minutes
- Cured volume change: -0.25% or less
- Cured hardness: (type A shore durometer) 74 to 78 (comparable to cured vehicle tyre tread rubber).
- Uncured shelf life: about two years from the date of manufacture. The expiry date is supplied on the package.
- Weigh out equal proportions of blue and white parts.
- Knead quickly and thoroughly until mixture is an even pale blue colour.
We recommend kneading for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Mould your combined silicone putty.
Since this product is quick-curing, there is roughly 1 minute available for moulding.
Take care to not trap air if moulding objects.
Avoid movement of the object in the putty if moulding fine details (e.g., fingerprints); use a firm “one-and-done” movement.
- Mould should be fully cured after 30 minutes.